Thursday, 6 November 2014

Paprika Pattern's Jade skirt



Whoops, what happened with your wall you might ask. Well we're renovating our bedroom and it turned out to be the perfect backdrop and sunny room for the first Pattern the "Jade Skirt" by Paprika Pattern. The wallpaper-removing-action is also the reason why I didn't have time to draw an illustration for this pattern unfortunately. Maybe I can do that later.

I was already aware that I'm a fan of mini skirts but this one is truly awesome. Super comfortable and it has a lovely and interesting front through the folds even though it's a solid fabric. Plus it's super easy to sew, I put it together in one evening! And the third positive thing about it: it's not shifting up my legs. I don't know if it's the fabric or the weight of it (it's lined with the same fabric, so it's a bit heavier than other jersey skirts that I own)but it stays where it's supposed to.



I made version A without the zipper in size 2, but took it in slightly at the side seams in the fitting stage, maybe about 0,5cm on both sides. The underside of the folds is probably not very pretty, because I tried what worked best for securing the folds. No one will see it anyway. In the end it was best to put the needle in the left position and use a triple stretch stitch close to the fold instead of the zig-zag. The fabric is a knit with good recovery that I had in my stash since spring, when I went to my first fabric market. I always wanted to make a jade out of it, so I waited patiently for the pattern to be released.



You can get it on a "pay what you want"-basis on their website. As I am a freelancer myself I personally pay a decent price for the hard work of putting a pattern together, but it's completely your decision how much you want to give.
I already tested it out, when I was out with my boyfriend to have dinner and I love it. It's also possible to wear it with more casual shoes in my lazy not-doing-anything-days because it's so comfortable! I highly recommend it.

6 comments:

  1. preeeetty :) I might try and make one myself someday.
    plus: gorgeous photos! Maybe you should leave the wall bare like that :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I like it that way too, but unfortunately our landlord might disagree. But maybe we can convince him to leave the wallpaper of the wall and just paint it, I'm just not a fan of woodchip wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, it's a great color! I love knit fabric skirts with some tricky details like that, comfortable and chic. Thanks for your presentation and good luck for renovating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great colour! And I love your illustrations, very curious what it would look like ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to draw one when I have the time! :)

      Delete