Friday, 6 December 2013

Kelly Skirt Finished

Pattern: Kelly skirt by Megan Nielsen
Main fabric: Wool (purchased locally)
Pocket lining: "Stamp Stripe Pool" by Birch Fabrics

Okay, first of all, I'm very sorry for the poor ironing job I did before taking the photos. I might take them again later, but I still have no ironing board or tailor's ham, which doesn't make the job easier. But I just read that a rolled up towel will do the trick so I'll try that next time.



The Kelly skirt was really fun to sew as I mentioned before. Very easy and perfect for beginners! I didn't make any alliteration, XS worked fine. I think about taking the waist in a bit if I sew it again, it is a little bit loose (my top hides it fortunately).
The fabric was wool (German:Schurwolle), I unfortunately don't know what exactly, the local fabric shop hasn't really done a good job labeling the different fabrics.

I was a bit afraid of sewing the buttonholes, but then realised my sewing machine can do that all by itself! Lucky me! I'm not sure about the buttons though, I was a bit overwhelmed by all the differnt sizes and kind of buttons and at the time I wanted something colorful. They probably look a bit cheap.

Oh, and the hem...I'm not sure I did everything right,it looks like I twisted it a bit, even though I was pinning and measuring very carefully.